Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Sunday evening and I just got back from a stake conference assignment in Gastonia, NC. I invariably worry more than I should about these assignments and this was no exception. I find it very satisfying to visit the stakes and always uncover old associations and new relations. This time, it was a fourth cousin, the second great grandson of William Walton Burton's brother. His wife is the stake YW president and she spoke during the Saturday evening session. When I met her husband after the session, I took one look at him and knew we were related--he looks exactly like Uncle John's sons.
The picture below is a lot like the one permanently posted to the right, but I wanted to add one that gives a little more detail. What a nice bunch of people! Anyway, I like them.

1 comment:

Bren said...

Looks like a wonderful family! I love seeing great pictures like this. Nice blog. You can visit mine at marriagechildanddogchat.blogspot.com

Thanks,Bren